The United States-India Educational Foundation (USIEF) is seeking Indian pupils for study in the areas of public health that relate to substance abuse, including HIV/AIDS, mental health, medicine, psychology, social work and counselling. Fellowships can be found to pursue research in the USA for the 2017-2018 academic year.
The intention of the fellowships will be to encourage the study of societal research fields.
The United States-India Educational Foundation (USIEF) encourages mutual understanding between the nationals of India along with the U.S. through the educational exchange of exceptional scholars, professionals, and students. USIEF has identified precedence for future development with scrupulous and tactical planning. USIEF continues to investigate feasible manners in which the Foundation may react to requests for services from both Indian and U.S. universities interested in linkages
Course Level: These fellowships are accessible to pursue research.
Study Subject: These fellowships are granted in the areas of epidemiology, treatment, and substance abuse policy research.
Scholarship Award: These fellowships will cover tuition and fees, a monthly maintenance allowance, Accident and Sickness Program for Exchanges per U.S. Government guidelines, a small allowance for publications and supplies, round trip international air travel to the host association, national journey to the Washington, D.C. workshop, and allowances for professional tasks such as field trips, professional visits, and seminars. These fellowships don’t provide an allowance for dependents, as well as the stipend provided under the grant isn’t enough to support family members. The plan will involve several actions where it’ll be hard to add dependents.
Numbers of Scholarships: Not Known
Scholarship might be considered in the USA
Eligibility: Applicants must satisfy the next area for these fellowships:
- Must be a responsible Indian citizen who is able to bring to some complete and honest image of the culture and civilization of India, and therefore help encourage understanding and friendship between the individuals of the United States of America and India;
- Must be dwelling in India during the period of application. No application will probably be taken from Indians dwelling, working or studying outside of India;
- Should have a higher degree of academic/professional accomplishment;
- Must demo competence in the English language to engage in the proposed project/program and correct to life in the U.S. The applicant may be required to choose the Test of English as a Foreign Language (TOEFL);
- if shortlisted for an interview, must seem in person for the interview at the USIEF office in New Delhi;
- Must enlighten USIEF well in improve if s/he needs to travel abroad (e.g. convention) during the application cycle July 2017 – June 2018;
- Must be eligible for leave, if used;
- Must be in good health;
- Must not be implementing for or holding permanent residence (green card) in the United States; and
- Must give the endeavor to return to India on the end of the fellowship.
Nationality: Applicants of India can implement for these fellowships.
College Admission Requirement
Entrance Requirement: Applicants must possess a higher degree of academic/professional accomplishment.
English Language Requirement: Applicants must exhibit competence in the English language to try the proposed project/plan and correct to life in the U.S. The applicant may be required to take the Test of English as a Foreign Language (TOEFL).
How to Apply: Applicants can use via e-mail.
- Confidential Letter of Reference
- Confidential Letter of Reference from Current Employer
- Employer’s Endorsement Form
- The finished application (including enclosures) has to be transmitted to Humphrey at .usief.org.in from the application form deadline. In the instance of central or state government workers, the signed copy of company’s sanction form must be forwarded via the cadre controlling power in order to reach USIEF from the application form deadline. The applicant might additionally send scanned copy of company’s sanction form to Humphrey at .usief.org.in. In the instance of employed nominees, the company’s remarks in the company’s sanction form must signal that leave will soon be allowed for the fellowship. Applications has to be submitted in soft copy exclusively from the application form deadline.
- Incomplete or late applications or applications not forwarded through the right route WOn’t be looked at.
- Applicants are additionally suggested to request two referees to send in their recommendations depending on the directions are given on the primary page of each and every fellowship application form. The recommendations needs to be sent to the Senior Program Officer, Indian Program, USIEF, Fulbright House, 12 Hailey Road, New Delhi 110 001 by the application form deadline.
- All entries in the application form has to be computer-created and not handwritten. Please tend not to exceed the term limit or attach additional pages to answer questions, unless otherwise specified.
Application Deadline: The application deadline is June 15, 2017.