The Sapienza University of Rome has declared a call for 29 fulltime PhD Fellowships (€19,800/year for three years) allowed for foreign nationals for the 2017-18 academic year.
The programme targets at training, preparing for scientific research and enhancing the methodology of research in a particular area.
Sapienza University, that was founded in 1303 by Pope Boniface VIII in Rome, is one of the earliest universities in the world as well as a top performer in international university standings.
Course Level: Fellowships are readily available for pursuing PhD programme.
Study Subject: Fellowships are granted for analyzing alters areas.
List of Subjects: Archaeology, Architectural Sciences, Doctoral School “Vito Volterra” in Astronomical, Chemical, Earth, Mathematical and Physical Sciences, Civil Engineering and Architecture, Economics, Experimental and Clinical Medical Sciences, Law, Mediatrends: History, Politics and Society, Molecular Biology and Medicine, Neuroscience Psychological Sciences, Science and Technology of Computing and Communication, Sciences of Interpretation and Cultural Production (Writing Orality Visuality) and Science and Technology for the Industrial Innovation Technologies and Systems for Aeronautics, Electromagnetics, Electronics, Space and Remote Sensing
Scholarship Award: Each fellowship sums to € 19.800,00 per year; this sum comprises national insurance contributions (INPS) that fellowship recipients must cover. The fellowship doesn’t insure any potential yearly entrance fee and will not raise for research periods spent abroad.
Number of Scholarships: There are 29 scholarships available for pupils.
Scholarship might be taken in Italy
Eligibility: Applications are open to nominees who:
- Are not Italian citizens;
- Have not dwelt in Italy or have carried out their primary action in Italy for more than 6 months (also non-sequential) during the 3 years preceding the expiration date of this Call;
- Have got any academic qualification with a non-Italian association. Prospective pupils must hold a degree equivalent to the Italian diploma di laurea/laurea specialistica/Laurea Magistrale, or be prepared to get it before 31 July 2017. The Academic Board of the Schools will check that every applicant’s qualifications are equal to the important Italian degree (for the only goal of this contest).
Nationality: International pupils can apply for PhD fellowships.
College Admission Requirement
Entrance Requirement: The Italian Research Doctorate (PhD) is the highest academic degree granted by universities in most subjects of study. It is open to applicants who hold a Masters Degree or equal degree obtained abroad.
How to Apply: To submit the application nominees should:
Sign in having a valid email to http://phd.uniroma1.it/fellowship
Complete the application form and supply all of the subsequent files:
- A photocopy of their identity card or passport;
- Curriculum vitae et studiorum;
- A copy of the degree certification and list of examinations with marks;
- A report on any research completed by the nominee;
- A list of publications;
- A simple statement describing his/her Doctoral School selection along with the nominee’s scientific interests;
- Two letters of recommendation from university professors or eminent researchers/specialists of equal status.
- Once signed in, nominees can finish the application form in more than one measure. When all the requested fields are filled and all necessary files are uploaded, nominees can eventually submit the form
- After entry, no additional change to the form is going to be potential
- All files should be written in English and uploaded in PDF format. The maximum size for every file is 5 MB (5120 KBytes). The maximum size for every file is 5 MB (5120 KBytes). No other format will probably be accepted.
Application Deadline: The application deadline is May 2, 2017.