Applications are welcomed for IPOS Research Training Academy in HongKong This NCI Travel Scholarships is offered for experts from low-income and low-middle-income countries (LMIC) to participate in the 2018 IPOS Research Training Academy in Hong Kong.
ThisResearch Training Academy intends to integrate both capacity-building around understanding generation utilizing standard quantitative and qualitative research styles along with the field of understanding translation research.
Foundedin 1984, the International Psycho-OncologySociety (IPOS) was produced to foster worldwide multidisciplinary interaction about scientific, instructional and research concerns that associate with the subspecialty of psycho-oncology and 2 main psychosocial measurements of cancer: Response of clients, households and personnel to cancer and its treatment at all phases; and Psychological, social and behavioral aspects that affect growth development and survival.
- ApplicationsDeadline: June22, 2018
- CourseLevel: This is a research training scholarship program.
- StudySubject: Theme: ResearchTraining Academy to Build the Future Generation of Psycho-OncologyResearchers in Low- and Low-Middle-IncomeCountries.
- ScholarshipAward: The variety of scholarships and capability to cover expenditures associated with the IPOS Congress from October 31-November 2 following the RTA will depend upon financing, and scholars have to be offered for this duration too. NCI Travel Scholarships from October 28-30, 2018 will cover expenses of training, flight, hotel and meals.
- Nationality: Available to candidates from Lower and Middle income countries.
- Number of Scholarships: Numbers not provided
- Scholarship can be taken in HongKong
Eligibilityfor the Scholarship:
EligibleCountries: Available to candidates from Lower and Middle income countries:
Afghanistan, Albania, Algeria, American Samoa, Angola, Argentina, Armenia, Azerbaijan, Bangladesh, Belarus, Belize, Benin, Bhutan, Bolivia, Bosnia and Herzegovina, Botswana, Brazil, Bulgaria, Burkina Faso, Burundi, Cambodia, Cameroon, Cape Verde * (CapoVerde), Central African Republic, Chad, China, Colombia, Comoros, Congo,Dem Rep., Congo, Rep., Costa Rica, Ivory Coast, Cuba, Djibouti, Dominica, Dominican Republic, Ecuador, Egypt, Arab Rep., El Salvador, Eritrea, Ethiopia, Fiji, Gabon, Gambia, The Georgia, Ghana, Grenada, Guatemala, Guinea, Guinea-Bissau, Guyana, Haiti, Honduras, Hong Kong, Hungary, India, Indonesia, Iran, Islamic Rep., Iraq, Jamaica, Jordan, Kazakhstan, Kenya, Kiribati, Korea, Dem Rep., Kosovo, Kyrgyz Republic, Lao PDR, Lebanon, Lesotho, Liberia, Libya, Macedonia, FYR, Madagascar, Malawi, Malaysia, Maldives, Mali, Marshall Islands, Mauritania, Mauritius, Mexico, Micronesia,Fed Sts., Moldova, Mongolia, Montenegro, Morocco, Mozambique, Myanmar, Namibia, Nepal, Nicaragua, Niger, Nigeria, Pakistan, Palau, Panama, Papua New Guinea, Paraguay, Peru, Philippines, Romania, Rwanda, Samoa, São Tom é and Principe, Senegal, Serbia, Seychelles, Sierra Leone, Solomon Islands, Somalia, South Africa, South Sudan, Sri Lanka,St Lucia,St Vincent and the Grenadines, Sudan, Suriname, Swaziland, Syrian Arab Republic, Tajikistan, Tanzania, Thailand, Timor-Leste, Togo, Tonga, Tunisia, Turkey, Turkmenistan, Tuvalu, Uganda, Ukraine, Uzbekistan, Vanuatu, Venezuela, RB, Vietnam, West Bank and Gaza, Yemen, Rep., Zambia and Zimbabwe.
EntranceRequirements: Full eligibility requirements for the NCI Travel Scholarship application (please note that requirements need to be fulfilled):
- Be an expert within conclusion of their scholastic training and facility of their independent professions (i.e., within 6 years of conclusion of their scholastic training);-LRB- *******).
- Be based in and perform their research in LMIC in a range of scientific or scholastic fields proper to the field of psycho-oncology (e.g., doctors, nurses, psychologists, social employees, epidemiologist);-LRB- *******).
- Country of house in Low- income and lower-middle income countries as specified by the World Bank: https://datahelpdesk.worldbank.org/knowledgebase/articles/906519-world-bank-country-and-lending-groups;
- Fluentin oral and composed English;-LRB- *******).
- Provide a copy of a nationwide passport from the nation of house legitimate for the necessary duration after departure from Hong Kong (November 3, 2018)– Please talk to your proper embassy or consular authority to guarantee your passport stands for the necessary duration;-LRB- *******).
- Have no recognized rap sheet;-LRB- *******).
- If this is needed (depends upon the nation of house see link listed below), devote to get a Visit/TransitVisa from Hong Kong and reveal evidence of this legitimate Visa to IPOS a minimum of 2 months prior to the RTA (prior to August 28, 2018) https://www.immd.gov.hk/eng/services/visas/visit-transit/visit-visa-entry-permit.html;You can discover the Visa kind here: https://www.immd.gov.hk/pdforms/ID1003A.pdf
- Be qualified to get a Visa from Hong Kong if a Visa is needed: https://immd.gov.hk/eng/services/visas/visit_transit.html;
- Commit to participate in the three-day Research Training Academy on October 28-30 if chosen to get a NCI Travel Scholarship;-LRB- *******).
- ProvidedIPOS fundraising succeeds, devote to participate in the 3 day IPOS Congress in Hong Kong (on October 31-November 2) along with particular occasions within this congress as mandated by the RTA Organizing Committee: http://www.ipos2018.com/;
- Commit to establishing a research task throughout the Research Training Academy and present it quickly in a 15- minutes discussion on the last day of the Academy;-LRB- *******).
- Commit to being mentored throughout 6 conferences over one year by an IPOS scientist for continued clinical assistance in executing a research task;-LRB- *******).
- TheScholarships will adhere to the Fly America Act, which will need that domestic and worldwide travel moneyed be bought from a US-flag air provider. The Fly America Act uses to any section of a journey where a US-flag provider is a readily available choice;-LRB- *******).
- Be available to sharing a hotel space in double tenancy throughout the Research Training Academy and Congress (with very same sex pairing).
EnglishLanguage Requirements: Applicants need to be proficient in oral and composed English.
How to Apply: Please email your ScholarshipApplication Form consisting of the Check List, a present copy of your Curriculum Vitae (CV) in English and a copy of your passport no behind June22, 2018 to the following e-mail: applications2018 RTA-at-ipos-society. org. Please keep in mind that applications without a 5-page CV and copy of passport will not be accepted.