TheIrish Cancer Society is now accepting Expression of Interest applications for the Biomedical Research Scholarship Programme 2018.
The goal of the Irish Cancer Society Biomedical Research Scholarship Programme is to use outstanding science, medical, nursing and other allied health care finishes the chance to pursue a postgraduate degree in cancer research.
TheIrish Cancer Society is the nationwide charity in the Republic of Ireland devoted to getting rid of cancer as a significant health issue, and enhancing the lives of those coping with cancer.
IfEnglish is not your mother tongue then you will have to reveal that your English language abilities are at a high sufficient level to be successful in your research studies.
ApplicationDeadline: February 21, 2018
CourseLevel: Scholarships are readily available to pursue a postgraduate degree programme.
StudySubject: Scholarships are granted in the field of cancer research.
- The overall worth of the Irish Cancer Society Research Scholarship covering stipend, charges, products and dissemination will depend on EUR32,000 annually for an optimum of 4 years. Additionally, movement financing of approximately an optimum of EUR7,000 for travel to a nationwide or (ideally) worldwide research organization in furtherance of development of the research task goals, during the programme, must be consisted of in the application.
- A more fund, approximately an optimum of EUR2,000 will likewise be readily available in the last year of the Scholarship to dissemination of research in a high effect journal. This financing is different to the travel and dissemination budget plan which should be detailed in the budget plan area of the application.
- In their last year, the effective scholar will have to make an application for this dissemination financing assistance in advance of the prepared publication. Each application (scholar movement component and dissemination awards respectively) will be evaluated prior to a financing choice is made.
Number of Scholarships: Not Known
Scholarship can be taken inIreland
Eligibility for the Scholarship:
EligibleCountries: Entrance Requirements: Applications from people that do not fulfill the eligibility requirements will not be examined.IrishCancer Society for that reason highly advise you check out the following to be warned of requirements for the Applicant, the Host Institute and the Research Team:
EligibleApplicants should satisfy the following requirements:
- You should have acquired (or will get) a minimum of very first class honour or greater 2nd class honours bachelor degree or equivalent.
If evaluation outcomes are unknowned at the time of application, the Irish Cancer Society might make a provisionary deal on condition that the candidate’s last grade for their bachelor’s (or comparable) degree is a very first class or upper second-class honours.
- You should not be signed up for a PhD prior to application.
- This should be your very first PhD.
- You should finish the PhD at an Irish Institution.
- The proposed PhD task should have 2 Supervisors, both which are active under the guidance of the work.
OneSupervisor should be based at the proposed host institute and have a minimum of 5 years post-doctoral experience and hold an agreement that covers the duration proposed for the PhD.
The other manager should have a minimum of 1-year post-doctoral experience
EnglishLanguage Requirements: If English is not your mother tongue then you will have to reveal that your English language abilities are at a high sufficient level to be successful in your research studies.
Prior to using, you should read this file through to conclusion. You should recognize 2 ideal Research Supervisors, and talk about the proposed Research Project with these Supervisors prior to finishing the application type.
TheScholarship application must be started by the Applicant, with strong input from the Supervisors throughout. The application should NOT be composed by the Supervisors alone. Applicants who will be welcomed to participate in the interview phases of evaluation should show an in- depth understanding of the proposed research task and show the capability to believe individually. Therefore it is necessary that the Applicant themselves lead the Scholarship application.
How to Apply:
TheExpression of Interest application can be made through the Irish Cancer Society Grant Tracker online system.
( function() ());.
// async init when filling is done.
window.fbAsyncIn it = function() ;.