TheMax Planck Sciences Po Center on Coping with Instability in Market Societies (MaxPo) in Paris welcomes applications for doctoral fellowships. Fellowship receivers will work under the guidance ofProf Jenny Andersson orProf Olivier Godechot and are needed to use for official registration in the doctoral program in sociology or government at Sciences Po in Paris.
TheMax Planck Sciences Po Center on Coping with Instability in Market Societies (MaxPo) is a Franco-German research study centre which was collectively established in 2012 by the MaxPlanck Society and SciencesPo at the effort of the MaxPlanck Institute for the Study of Societies (MPIfG) inCologne.
In order to be qualified a company command of English and a working understanding of French is needed.
- ApplicationDeadline: March15, 2018
- CourseLevel: Fellowships are offered to pursue postgraduate degree program.
- StudySubject: Applicants’ research study interests ought to fall under the location of MaxPo’s research study program, and their PhD job proposition ought to suit among the 2 research study groups at MaxPo We welcome initial and independent propositions. Research subjects ought to be positioned in financial sociology, political economy, or financial or political history and can consist of:
- The intellectual, political, and financial history of neoliberalism; elite and mass politics; the marketization of social life; ideas of democracy, politics, and development given that the 1970 s; the repercussions of neoliberalism.
- Labor markets and inequality; task polarization; group characteristics and group divides in companies, companies, and political celebrations; the sociology of monetary markets; the political and social repercussions of recessions.
- ScholarshipAward: Fellowship conditions: 2,188 euros (regular monthly gross wage); three-year agreement beginning in October 2018; consisting of a 12- week duration of administrative service to MaxPo and a research study remain at the IMPRS-SPCE in Cologne.
- Nationality: All citizenships
- Number of Scholarships: Numbers not offered.
- Scholarship can be taken in Cologne, Germany
Eligibilityfor the Scholarship:
EligibleCountries: Students of all citizenships are qualified to use for this fellowship.
EntranceRequirements: To be qualified for this scholarship you need to fulfill the list below requirements:
Candidates will hold a master’s degree (or comparable) and have actually gotten training in the following disciplines: history, sociology, or government, with extra training in associated fields. They ought to have experience with qualitative and quantitative techniques. There is no citizenship requirement; nevertheless, a company command of English and a working understanding of French is needed.
EnglishLanguage Requirements: A company command of English and a working understanding of French is needed.
How to Apply: Required files (to be put together into a single PDF file): a CV; a records of records from each organization participated in; a cover letter quickly explaining your intellectual trajectory up until now and talking about the subjects that intrigue you (2 pages optimum); a thesis job proposition (5,000 words optimum); a task title; an abstract summarizing your thesis job; a composing sample (such as a post, thesis, or term paper); if possible, we highly motivate you to acquire several recommendation letters (a letter from your MA consultant would be specifically helpful).
Please email the total file to allison.rovny-at-sciencespo. fr by 15 March 2018 (with “MaxPo PhD positions 2018” in the subject line). Incomplete files will not be thought about. Shortlisted prospects will be welcomed to an online interview. Final choices will be made by mid-April2018.
( function() iframe). style.cssText = “width: 0; height: 0; border: 0”;.
document.getElementById(‘ fb-root’). appendChild( iframe);.
var doc = iframe.contentWindow.document;.
doc.open(). compose -LRB-”-RRB-;.
// async init when packing is done.
window.fbAsyncIn it = function() ;.