TheAustrian Academy of Sciences is requiring propositions for a brand-new digital liberal arts program. Groups of researchers from university and non-university research study organizations in Austria who are still at the start of their professions are entitled to use. The program is mostly intended at young researchers who want to use and improve digital techniques within the structure of cooperation tasks.
The program is planned to enhance the structure conditions for data-based and data-driven research study in the social sciences and liberal arts by heightening the usage of existing facilities, digital information, and tools.
TheAustrian Academy of Sciences (OeAW) is Austria’s main non-university research study and science organization. Its statutory objective is to“promote science in every way” Founded in 1847 as a discovered society, today the OeAW has more than 770 members and 1,600 workers committed to ingenious fundamental research study, interdisciplinary exchange of understanding and the dissemination of brand-new insights with the goal of adding to development in science and society as a whole.
- ApplicationDeadline: May15, 2018
- CourseLevel: Fellowships are readily available for researchers.
- StudySubject: The program is mostly intended at young researchers who want to use and improve digital techniques within the structure of cooperation tasks.
- ScholarshipAward: The spending plan for each of the tasks is in between a minimum of EUR 150,000 and an optimum of EUR 220,000 Up to 15 tasks are imagined. The grant will likewise cover overheads in the quantity of 10% of the direct task expenses. The following direct expenses might be gotten:
- Staff expenses
- Costs for consumables
- Travel costs
- Other expenses
(Other expenses suggest expenses which can not be designated to personnel expenses, consumables or travel costs, such as e.g. repayment for the usage of research study facilities; deals should be confined)
- Contracts for work or services
- Nationality: Austrian trainees are qualified
- Numberof Scholarships: Numbers not offered
- Scholarship can be taken in Austria
Eligibility for the Scholarship:
EligibleCountries: Austrian trainees are qualified are qualified to obtain this fellowship.
EntranceRequirements: To be qualified for this scholarship you should satisfy the list below requirements:
- Scientists from all disciplines with an optimum of 8 years because conclusion of their most-recent scholastic degree (determined from the concern date of the certificate till 1 January 2018; copies of certificates of all supporters should be confined with the application).
- Submission as a group of at least 2 researchers and an approximate gender balance amongst candidates. The share of female researchers in the group will be at least 50 %. In the case of an irregular number more female researchers should be represented.
- One researcher should presume the function of application planner.
- Each researcher might just participate in one application.
- The candidates should be prepared to pro-actively add to the general public discussion of the program and participate in involved occasions.
- The task should occur in an Austrian research study center.
- Approval from the agents of the appropriate research study centers should be confined with the application.
- A research study center might support numerous applications.
EnglishLanguage Requirements: Applicants whose mother tongue is not English are generally needed to offer proof of efficiency in English at the greater level needed by the University.
How to Apply: Theapplication kind “Short Proposal” (description of the task), finished in complete, CVs, publication lists and statements of permission consisting of enclosures should be sent by the planner by e-mail to programmmanagement(at) oeaw.ac.at by 15 May 2018 (phase 1 of the choice treatment).
Young researchers are welcomed to establish tasks to attend to research study concerns relating to the social sciences and liberal arts where modern-day paradigms such as open development and the broad spectrum of digital liberal arts techniques are used and existing facilities, digital information, and tools are made use of. Applications showing the awareness of the social element of digital research study paradigms and the connection in between science and society (likewise in the sense of resident science), as well as consider the quickly altering function of research study in society as an outcome of increasing digitalization are clearly welcome.
Applications should be made in English by sending 4 files (no safeguarded or scanned electronic files):
- “Short Proposal”, finished in complete
- CVs of all supporters
- Publication lists of all supporters
- Scan copy of all signed statements of permission by all supporters and agents of research study organizations in addition to copies of scholastic degree certificates of all supporters