The Foundation for the Kodaly Institute is offering Bacon-Erdei Scholarships for the 2017-2018 academic year. Scholarships can be found to pursue research at the Kodaly Institute of the Liszt Ferenc Academy of Music.
Purpose of the scholarship will be to facilitate the load of earning living expenses to get a worthy nominee who intends to do any specific in-depth research study (musicology, musical theory or music education) based on Kodály-associated contents accessible in the Kodály Institute’s Library and Archives resulting in a first academic study in writing, prepared for publication.
The Foundation for the Kodaly Institute was created in 1995 in arrangement to assist ensure the financial background of the study programmes and actions of the Kodály Institute.
Course Level: Scholarship can be obtained to do any specific in-depth research study.
Study Subject: Scholarship is given in the domain of music.
Scholarship Award: The scholarship is an amount of internet 200.000 HUF/month to get the absolute minimum of 3 and maximum of 10 months period of time to be utilized freely from the receiver (the nominee may propose the period of time in accordance with his or her suggestion in the program).
Number of Scholarships: Not Known
Scholarship could be considered in Hungary
Eligibility: Applicants must match the next region for the scholarship:
- Age limitation: nominee should be between 23 and 35 years of age at the time of submitting his or her program;
- Candidate must prove to have earned a masters’ degree in the subject of musicology, musical theory, music education or performance (vocal/choral or instrumental);
- Candidate must demonstrate to have already released some first work and submit evidence of having done so;
- In instance of performing artists, nominees must show to have given recitals and must submit some examples of their live performances on DVD;
- Candidate must compose a mission statement comprising the name and outline of the research subject or – in instance of performance – the set of musical substance to be analyzed, for instance, planned duration of the scholarship he/she wants to win;
- In the program nominee must incorporate an expert CV;
- The application should come with two letters of reference/recommendation given by well known specialists in the area.
Recipient of the scholarship must live in Hungary during the designated time span of the scholarship. The Foundation will help locate appropriate lodging if required.
Nationality: Citizens of Hungary are qualified to apply.
College Admission Requirement
Entrance Requirement: Applicants must have a masters’ degree.
English Language Requirement: The language of education and tests (both verbal and written) is English. Students whose first language isn’t English must submit a English language certification.
How to Apply: Applicants must submit their application by e-mail.
Application Deadline: The application deadline is April 30, 2017.