The cancer research group at the Center for Medical Genetics has an employment opportunity for an extremely encouraged scientist with know-how in bioinformatics and an eager interest in translational cancer research.
TheGhent University is a top 100 university and among the significant universities inBelgium Our 11 professors provide a wide variety naturally and conduct in- depth research in both specific and social sciences. Ghent University intends to motivate its students to embrace a crucial method within an innovative, development-oriented instructional and research environment.
To have the ability to figure out the efficiency of somebody’s understanding of Dutch or English, Ghent University utilizes the Common European Framework Reference for ForeignLanguages There are 6 foreign language efficiency levels and is a basis for the acknowledgment of language credentials.
- ApplicationsDeadline: July01, 2018
- CourseLevel: Fellowship is offered to pursue research.
- StudySubject: Research fellowship in Bio- informatics: “Clinical implementation of genomics-based precision oncology pipelines”
- ScholarshipAward: What we provide:
- Nationality: This fellowship is offered for international students.
- Number of Scholarships: Numbers not provided
- Scholarship can be taken in Belgium
Eligibilityfor the Scholarship:
EligibleCountries: Availablefor international students.
EntranceRequirements: Applicants should satisfy the following requirements:
You will work in a multidisciplinary environment under the guidance of senior researchers in bioinformatics and molecular biology in the Center for Medical Genetics (cmgg.be) and within the more comprehensive structure of the Cancer Research Institute Ghent (crig.ugent.be) where you will execute and establish (brand-new) algorithms for genomic analysis of growths intending at a more accurate care for the client.
- MSc with an expertise track in bioinformatics or equivalent through experience OR holder of a PhD degree in bioinformatics, (medical) biology, (bio-) engineering, computer technology, or associated fields, acquired in the last 5 years. Candidates with previous experience in (epi) genomics innovations and basic bioinformatics and analytical abilities are highly motivated to use.
- Candidates needs to be group gamers able to assist to arrange multidisciplinary jobs and have strong tactical analytical problem-solving abilities (innovative, vital, and unbiased).
- Experience with the analysis of sequencing information, such as human entire exome/genome sequencing, (single cell) RNA-sequencing, consisting of quality assurance, checked out mapping, alternative detection, de novo assembly, SNP/indel calling, copy number and structural variation analysis, expression level analysis, etc is a plus.
- Solid experience with bioinformatics programs, databases and stats for bioinformatics, consisting of scripting (e.g. Perl, Python), R (incl. Bioconductor), UCSC Genome Browser, Ensembl API, etc, understanding of relational databases (MySQL, etc) and web servers (Apache, etc) is highly advised.
- The standard insight of (cancer) biology and genomics.
- International experience (internships, brief sees, etc) is valued.
- Excellent oral and written interaction abilities in English; English language efficiency.
EnglishLanguage Requirements: Excellent oral and written interaction abilities in English; English language efficiency.
How to Apply: Candidates can use by sending their CV and letter of inspiration to Annelies De Paepe (A.DePaepe-at- ugent.be) prior to June 30 th, 2018.