Birkbeck, University of London is offering scholarships for African pupils to study postgraduate progranmme during the 2017-2018 academic year.
Birkbeck, University of London, is a public research university found in Bloomsbury, London, England, along with a component faculty of the national University of London.
Course Level: Scholarships are accessible for pursuing postgraduate programme.
Study Subject: Scholarships are given to study the areas supplied by the university.
Scholarship Award: These scholarships will cover the followings:
- Fully financed: covers the total sum of the tuition fees as well as the total sum of lodging fees.
- Partially financed: covers a part of the tuition fees.
Scholarship might be taken in the UK
Eligibility: Scholarships are accessible for pupils who’ll be studying at postgraduate degree at Birkbeck during the 2017-2018 academic year.
Nationality: Students from Africa are eligible to apply.
College Admission Requirement
- The minimum entrance condition fixed by the University of London for postgraduate study is a second class honours degree in an appropriate area from a UK university, or an equivalent international qualification.
- If the principal area of your degree isn’t directly pertinent for your planned postgraduate programme, you might be requested to perform a qualifying programme of study.
Test Requirement: No
English Language Requirement:
- Please be conscious that we can’t accept evaluation certifications that have been taken more than two years ago.
- Cambridge Test of English (Advanced English): general score of 176, with 169 in each subtest.
- Cambridge Test of English (Proficiency in English): general score of 176, with 169 in each subtest.
- Please note that for both evaluations you have to supply Birkbeck with your unique Candidate ID number and your Candidate Secret Number.
- IELTS (Academic): entire score of 6.5, with 6.0 in each subtest.
- Pearson Test of English (Academic): general score of 62 with 60 in each subtest. (Please note that you need to notify Pearson that you give permission for Birkbeck to check your scores.)
- TOEFL (Internet Based Test): general score of 92, with 22 in Reading, 21 in Listening, 23 in Speaking, 24 in Writing. (Please note that you need to quote Birkbeck’s association code to TOEFL: 9961.)
- Trinity College London – Integrated Skills in English: ISE II. However, Admissions Tutors may request for a higher score, determined by specific course entrance requirements.
How to Apply: Students must first submit an internet application through the class web page. After receiving an unconditional offer, applicants must submit an essay of no more than 500 words to international-office-at-bbk.ac.uk with the theme line ‘Scholarship for students from Africa’ answering the following question: Why are you the perfect candidate to get a scholarship?
Application Deadline: The application deadline is June 1, 2017.