National Sportsmanship Foundation is pleased to offer The Carl Fricks Sportsmanship Scholarship to graduating high school seniors in the St. Louis metro area who embody exceptional sportsmanship.
The intention of the scholarship will be to offer monetary help the pupils who need to attain higher education.
In late 2012, the St. Louis Sports Commission started the National Sportsmanship Foundation to alter the way society views and worth sportsmanship. As it grows, the National Sportsmanship Foundation means to develop education programs, conduct research, and function as a convener for groups focused on sportsmanship and youth sports throughout the nation.
Course Level: Scholarship is accessible for pursuing graduate high school seniors.
Study Subject: Scholarship will soon be given in the area of sports.
Scholarship Award: The receiver of the scholarship plan’s top award in 2017 will receive $10,000 to use for higher education expenses. Additionally, up to $5,000 will probably be given to one or multiple runnerup receivers as established by the scholarship choice committee.
Number of Scholarships: Not Known
Scholarship might be taken in the USA
Eligibility: The following standards should be fulfilled in order for applicants to be qualified for the scholarship:
- Must be a graduating high school senior.
- Must attend a high school in the St. Louis metropolitan area (Illinois counties: Bond, Calhoun, Clinton, Jersey, Macoupin, Madison, Monroe, St. Clair; Missouri counties: Franklin, Jefferson, Lincoln, Saint Charles, Saint Louis City, St. Louis County, Warren).
- Must not be attending school on a total scholarship. Students receiving partial scholarships qualify.
Nationality: Students from the USA ( high school seniors in the St. Louis metro area) can apply for this scholarship programme.
College Admission Requirement
Entrance Requirements: Applicants must have their previous amount.
English language Requirements: Students must satisfy the essential language proficiency prerequisites of the host association.
How to Apply: Applicants can implement via e-mail.
Required Application Materials:
- Sportsmanship Scholarship receivers will probably be chosen by members of the St. Louis Sports Commission Associates’ Scholarship Committee. Before thought, each applicant must supply to the committee the next instruction manual:
- Fully finished Sportsmanship Scholarship Applicant Form (attached).
- Two Sportsmanship Scholarship Recommendation Forms (attached) each having a letter of recommendation from a coach, athletic director, teacher, school administrator or fellow pupil attesting to the applicant’s exceptional sportsmanship. At least one recommendation must come from a teacher or athletic director.
- A personal essay in the applicant in 350-500 words (typed, single spaced and in multiple paragraphs) describing why he or she’s deserving of the scholarship and addressing their dedication to sportsmanship. The applicant is motivated to pronounce the significance they put on sportsmanship and share examples of when they’ve shown outstanding character in sports.
Application Deadline: The Application Deadline is April 10, 2017.