This scheme is now open for applications for Asia-Fellowship commencing in the academic year 2017-18. The International Journalists’ Programmes (IJP) provides a distinctive chance for gifted Journalists working in The People’s Republic of China, Hong Kong, Taiwan, South Korea and Japan to come to Germany.
The intention of the fellowships would be to give support to the journalist and encourage the research of journalism.
The International Journalists’ Programmes (IJP) are a nonprofit and economically together with politically independent organisation for the promotion of youthful journalists.
Course Level: These fellowships are offered to pursue research.
Study Subject: These fellowships are given in the subject of journalism.
Scholarship Award: These fellowships will cover the followings:
- The fellowship will provide a lump-sum of Euro 3.800,-. With this allowance, the guy must cover travelling expenses to Germany, international health insurance, home together with day-to-day living prices.
Numbers of Scholarships: Up to ten fellowships can be found.
Scholarship could be considered in Germany
Eligibility: Applicants must fulfill the next area for all these fellowships:
- To qualify, the applicant ought to be between 28 to 38 years old , have the absolute minimum of 5 years’ expertise in print and on line journalism or TV/Radio broadcast medium.
- He/She should now be working as full time journalist in the above mentioned nations, ought to be smooth in English (TOEFL or equivalent) and possess a powerful interest in learning the German language.
Nationality: Applicants of China, Hong Kong and Taiwan can apply for all these fellowships.
College Admission Requirement
Entrance Requirement: Applicants must be journalist.
English Language Requirement: Applicants should be smooth in English (TOEFL or equivalent) and possess a powerful interest in learning the German language.
How to Apply: Applicants can use via e-mail,
- Please compose a 1000 word essay addressing these subjects:
- Why you’d like to work in Germany
- What you anticipate in the IJP fellowship and that which you believe you’ll be able to lead to it
- How your qualifications, experiences and interests reflect exactly what you would like to do as journalist
- What are the 3 primary research issues/jobs you wish to pursue throughout the fellowship Include a one page curriculum vitae detailing your education and work experience,
- A journalistic reference from your editor or head of department is needed. It should support your application and in addition ensure your leave of absence for the length of the software
- your standard of German and English (copies of certifications/ e.g. Goethe Institute and /or TOEFL), plus 3 copies of articles written by you (and if possible released in English; no translation of Chinese posts requested)
- Enclose a passport photo in your CV and remember your signature!
Application Deadline: The application deadline is June 30th, 2017.