TheWashington Center now wants to welcome applications for its Thomas R. Pickering Foreign Affairs MasterFellowship The fellowship supplies college students with financial backing, mentoring and expert advancement to prepare them academically and expertly for a profession with the United States Department of State.
The objective of the fellowship is to support USA candidates by offering as much as $37,500 each year for tuition, space and board, books, obligatory charges and some travel expenditures for a two-year master’s degree.
TheWashington Center for Internships and Academic Seminars, less officially called The Washington Center, is an independent, not-for-profit company serving numerous universities in the United States and other nations.
CourseLevel: Fellowship is readily available to pursue master’s degree program.
StudySubject: Fellowship is granted in the field of Foreign Service such as organisation administration, economics, public law, worldwide affairs, and other pertinent fields.
ScholarshipAward: Fellowship will cover the following:
- Up to $37,500 each year for tuition, space and board, books, obligatory charges and some travel expenditures for a two-year master’s degree in fields associated with the Foreign Service such as organisation administration, economics, public law, worldwide affairs, and other pertinent fields.
- Up to $21,500 will be supplied each scholastic year for 2 years for a Fellow’s tuition
- Up to $16,000 stipend per scholastic year for 2 years for space and board, books/laboratory charges, and travel in between the Fellow’s house and university area (not to surpass $600 per scholastic year).
- Two summertime internships, one at a domestic workplace of the Department of State in Washington, D.C. and one overseas at a U.S. embassy or consulate. The program supplies stipends, transport and real estate for these internships.
- Orientation to the Program and the Foreign Service at the Department of State.
- Mentoring from a Foreign Service Officer throughout the period of the fellowship.
- Employmentin the Department of State Foreign Service for those who effectively finish the program and Foreign Service entry requirements in accordance with suitable law and State Department policy.
Number of Scholarships: Number of fellowships is not provided.
Scholarship can be taken in the USA
Eligibility: The following requirements should be fulfilled in order for candidates to be qualified for the scholarship:
- Only people who are United States residents.
- Applicants needs to be looking for admission to a U.S. graduate school start in fall 2018.
- Applicants needs to have a cumulative grade point average of 3.2 or greater on a 4.0 scale at the time of application and this grade point average should be preserved throughout involvement in the program.
- Applicants needs to register in a two-year, full-time master’s degree program, at U.S. based graduate organizations just, in a scholastic field pertinent to the work of the Foreign Service (public law, worldwide affairs, public administration, organisation, economics, government, sociology, or foreign languages) and be prepared to go into the Foreign Service in Summer 2020.
- Applicants needs to have the ability to participate in June 2018 orientation in Washington, D.C. if chosen.
- Applicants needs to be readily available to satisfy the summertime internship commitments (summertime 2019 & summertime 2020).
Nationality: Applicants from USA are qualified to obtain the fellowship.
EntranceRequirements: Applicants should have a cumulative grade point average of 3.2 or greater on a 4.0 scale at the time of application.
How to Apply: Applicants can use through online:
- Fill out the online application
- Go to the Online StudentPortal It is advised that you conserve the URL as a bookmark.
- Create an account. Note: If you have actually obtained other TWC programs please produce an account utilizing a various e-mail addresses for your Pickering application.
- Start and send the online application by following the directions. Throughout the procedure, you can conserve your application and go back to it at a later time.
- Submit extra products.
- You will be needed to send extra files as PDF files straight through the onlineapplication These consist of:
- An informal copy of your records.
- A copy of your accreditation of U.S. citizenship (U.S. passport, birth certificate or naturalization documents accepted).
- Your GRE/GMAT ratings.
- Your individual declaration.
- Your upgraded resume.
- Your newest financial assistance award letter noting grants or loans.
- Your newest Student Aid Report (SAR).
- Statement of Financial Need.
- Provide recommendation letters.
- Request letters from 2 recommenders.
- Add your 2 recommenders in the online application.
- Once you click the “Submit Request” button, your recommenders will get an e-mail from The Washington Center, asking for that they send an online suggestion in your place. Recommenders will be required to an online kind where they will go into some info prior to submitting and sending their suggestion letter.
- You will immediately get a notice e-mail when your recommender finishes your suggestion. If you do not get a notice e-mail in a prompt style, please subsequent with your recommender to make sure that they still mean to finish your suggestion by the application due date.
- Letters of suggestion gotten after the due date will not be accepted. Applications that do not consist of both recommendation letters are insufficient and will not be thought about. No more than 2 (2) recommendation letters will be enabled.
ApplicationDeadline: Theapplication due date is January 12, 2018.