Al Jalila Foundation is happy to supply UAE Rosalynn Carter Fellowships for Mental Health Journalism Program for the educational yr 2017-2018. Students from UAE are eligible to use for these fellowships.
Al Jalila Foundation in partnership with The Carter Center selects journalists yearly to obtain the psychological well being journalism fellowship with the goal to deliver consciousness, scale back stigma and finish discrimination in opposition to these with psychological sickness throughout the UAE.
Al Jalila Foundation promotes medical training and analysis by investing within the UAE’s medical remedy capabilities; it gives scholarships to nurture a home-grown technology of medical professionals and helps ground-breaking analysis that addresses well being challenges prevalent within the area.
Course Level: This is one-year fellowship programme obtainable for Journalists.
Study Subject: Fellowships are awarded for Mental Health Journalism Program.
Scholarship Award: What the Fellowships Offer
* Professional improvement: Opportunities to coach in behavioural well being reporting and entry to professional advisers
* Community: A community of 180+ former fellows
* Stipend: $10,000 of unrestricted funds
* Flexibility: Nonresident fellowship, handle your individual timeline
* Unique initiatives: Select your individual matter of curiosity and type of media
Number of Scholarships: Not Known
Scholarship will be taken in UAE
Eligibility: Criteria & Application Requirements
Eligible candidates for a fellowship should:
- Be a National or authorized resident of United Arab Emirates (one doesn’t have to relocate).
- Bilingual (Arabic and English)
- Have not less than three years expertise in journalism (writing, reporting, enhancing, producing, and filmmaking). We welcome freelance and media outlet employed journalists. Please be aware we don’t settle for running a blog or tutorial writing as skilled journalism expertise.
- Must have an curiosity in psychological well being reporting, however no earlier expertise is required.
- Submit a whole utility with not less than two advice letters – please see utility kind for additional particulars.
- Awarded fellows should attend a compulsory assembly in September at the start and finish of the fellowship yr in Atlanta, USA: (Flights funded by Al Jalila Foundation):
First Meeting: 11-13 September 2017
• Last Meeting: September 2018 dates to be introduced when obtainable.
Nationality: Students from UAE are eligible to use for these fellowships.
How to Apply: The utility for the 2017-2018 UAE Rosalynn Carter Fellowships for Mental Health Journalism is offered on-line. Please ship all enquiries and full utility kind with the related paperwork to: fellowships-at-aljalilafoundation.ae.
Application Deadline: Applications needs to be submitted earlier than May 11, 2017.